In partnership with the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), Women In Defense (WID), Women’s Foreign Policy Group (WFPG), Women’s Foreign Policy Network (WFPN), and Women In International Security (WIIS) Global, WIIS-DC would like to invite you to the event, The Gender Gap in 2018: Supporting Women in the International Security Community, a 5-member panel event focused on the status of the gender gap in the international security field. During the panel, experts will host a discussion on why it matters that there are few women in the international security field, what steps we can take both to increase the number and to retain more women, and why support networks like the ones provided by these organizations are important. WIIS Global will also provide a sneak peak of their Gender Gap Scorecard during the event.
- Jenna Ben-Yehuda (Women’s Foreign Policy Network);
- Tamara Cofman Wittes (Leadership Council on Women in National Security);
- Chantal de Jonge Oudraat (Women In International Security);
- Kim Kahnhauser Freeman (Women’s Foreign Policy Group);
- Women in Defense Representative (TBD);
- Moderator: Laura Holgate (Nuclear Threat Initiative).
This invitation is transferable and is not restricted to WIIS members. Please feel free to share this invitation with any interested friends or colleagues. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
*Please note that the location is subject to change*
We hope to see you there!