Home Page Forums WIIS Member Forum Introduce Yourself

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WIIS
    Keymaster

Take a moment and introduce yourself to the community.

Beatriz Carboni
    Participant

Hi ya’ll!

My name is Beatriz Carboni and I am the Senior Program Assistant at WIIS. I am graduating next week with an MSc in Security Studies from University College London.
    My dissertation title was The Western Muhajirat of ISIS: a Feminist Critical Discourse Analysis on Media Constructions. Previously I double majored at the University of St. Andrews in International Relations and Management.I speak fluently Portuguese, Spanish and English. I am very interested in security and gender issues. Hope to meet you all at the Happy Hour tonight!

Janice Marquez
    Participant

Hi there!

My name is Gina Taddeo, I’m a Gender and Security Program Assistant at WIIS Global. Besides that, I am a Political Science and Economics undergraduate student at Fordham University in New York! I am from Annapolis, Maryland – but I was raised in Rome, Italy.

Ciao!

Hi everyone!

My name is Soraya Kamali-Nafar and I am a Gender and Global Security Program Assistant at WIIS Global. I am an undergraduate student at the University of St. Andrews, pursuing a degree in International Relations. My research interests are primarily in human rights and international law. I am fluent in English, proficient in French, and conversational in Farsi. Outside of academics, I am Vice President of the University of St. Andrews Snowsports club.

I look forward to hearing about all of you!

Avgustina Peycheva
    Participant

Hi! My name is Avgustina Asenova Peycheva. I am 27. I am from Sofia, Bulgaria. I have been an intern at the sociological company of Sofia MBMD issm and ,most recently, at the Bulgarian National Assembly, department of international relations, protocols and queries of the Bulgarian chairmanship of the European Council . I have worked as a PR officer at the Sofia international airport. My studies and work are in the sphere of political science, international relations and regional studies. My Bsc is in political science and international relations, rewarded to me by UoL LSE international. My Masters is in Political science in action: campaigning, elections and leadership (political communications), rewarded by the Tel- Aviv University. My PhD is in Political science and regional studies in Moscow University and I will be defending my dissertation titled “Региональное информационное противостояние в современной мировой политике” at MGIMO. I know some Greek, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, Bulgarian and English. I am interested, amongst other things, mainly in diplomacy, security and global peace. Have a wonderful year!

Ankie
    Participant

Hi all,

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Ankie Petersen and I’m a 28 y.o. young professional from the Netherlands. I have worked at UNESCO on the subject of cultural heritage protection in times of crisis and the Hauge Conventions of 1954 and 1970, and am now in training to be a Captain in the Dutch armed forces, specializing in intercultural communication and cultural heritage protection. I come from a slightly different background than most of you (I think) having studied Language- and Culture sciences and Heritage Studies. I speak Dutch, English, French and Italian, and some German. I’m currently catching up on my knowledge on international relations and diplomacy, so if you have any course of book recommendations, please let me know ;) Also: feel free to connect on LinkedIn / Twitter!

Best,
    Ankie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.