GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
The Public Affairs & Education Department is looking for an intern to assist the department in communicating GLAD’s ground-breaking legal victories to the public and make sure that LGBTQ+ and HIV-positive people are aware of and can exercise their legal rights.
Typical projects may include but are not limited to:
‣ Representing GLAD at outreach events (including Pride celebrations, tabling forums, discussion panels, etc.)
‣ Assisting with logistics of upcoming events and workshops
‣ Drafting blog posts and assisting with social media projects as well as administrative tasks
‣ Working one day per week on GLAD Answers (additional training required)
‣ Some data entry and administrative tasks
‣ Maintaining and updating GLAD Answers and other Know Your Rights materials (will be guided)
‣ Should have a strong desire to make contributions to the LGBTQ+ and HIV-positive communities and preferably have some experience in an office setting.
‣ The ability to complete self-directed projects is necessary
‣ Strong organizational, research, and communications skills are required
‣ Attention to detail, analytical skills, and ability to work with a team are critical
‣ Excellent time management skills
‣ Public speaking or outreach experience and interest
‣ Additionally, candidates with knowledge and expertise in social media are encouraged to apply
This is a stipend internship.
To apply, please email a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to Braedyn Dorn at [email protected] with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line (e.g. “Summer 2024 Internship”).
GLAD requires all interns working in GLAD’s offices, at events, or engaging in any in-person work on GLAD’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Interns may request an exemption to this policy as a reasonable accommodation for religious and/or medical reasons.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people with HIV/AIDS.
To apply for this job please visit glad.org%20with%20“[Season]%20[Year]%20Internship”%20in%20the%20subject%20line%20(e.g.%20“Summer%202024%20Internship”)..