Join the WIIS Global Network
Women deserve opportunities to learn, be inspired, become powerful leaders, and create change from deep within inequitable institutional structures. This is why we created the WIIS global network—a membership group advocating for gender equality and the advancement of women in the field of international peace and security.
The WIIS membership network spans nearly 50 countries across six continents and includes 15,000 members who are all committed to one ambitious goal: closing the gender equality gap worldwide. We encourage anyone who supports gender equality and a diverse, inclusive, intersectional approach to global peace and security to join our cause.
As a member of WIIS, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with a global network of professionals, access career development tools, and keep your finger on the pulse of today’s pressing international peace and security issues.
By joining WIIS, you can:
- Connect with over 15,000 WIIS members worldwide and engage with a WIIS chapter or affiliate group
- Access the WIIS membership portal where you can create a professional profile, feature your publications and accomplishments, and meet other members
- Advance your career through the WIIS Jobs Hotline that provides information on employment opportunities, internships, fellowships, grants, and professional development resources
- Learn from and mingle with fellow leaders at events in Washington, D.C., the United States, and worldwide
- Gain visibility as an expert in your field by publishing op-eds, essays, and articles on the WIIS blog or securing media interviews through our membership database
- Participate in our mentorship program, which offers young professionals the opportunity to learn from seasoned experts who want to help pave the way for future generations
Become a WIIS Member
WIIS annual (12-month) memberships cost $35.00. Contributions beyond this base fee are considered tax-deductible donations.
WIIS partners with a number of different organizations dedicated to advancing women’s leadership and supporting research surrounding gender and security. WIIS provides annual membership benefits to the staff, faculty, and students of our partner organizations.
To become an Institutional Member, please contact [email protected] for more information.