Gender and Global Security Program Internship
Women In International Security is seeking a Gender and Global Security Program Intern to work part-time (20 hours, paid per week). The primary responsibility of the Gender and Global Security Program Assistant is to assist in the development and implementation of external communications and WIIS program objectives. Internships may be remote; however, preferences are to candidates living in or near Washington, DC.
- Participate in mandatory trainings, weekly team meetings & general administrative duties.
- Attend and report on critical events and discussions relevant to WIIS program objectives.
- Monitor and track programmatic activities and research.
- Organize and help facilitate events and large projects.
- Help facilitate and implement WIIS online marketing and outreach strategies, including social media and web platforms.
- Build community interest and momentum through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, the WIIS Network, and other social media channels by posting updates, engaging in conversations and discussions, and increasing the number of followers.
- Assist the team with drafting and proofreading external email campaigns, event and marketing materials, and other outreach efforts.
- Research the social media landscape and build compelling outreach programs to actively engage targeted communities and develop critical marketing strategies.
- Explore new web and social media tools and implement best practices.
- Monitor the WIIS Network and keep the member list active and up to date.
- Help coordinate communication between WIIS Global, international affiliates, and chapters.
- Solid organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong research and computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Reliable communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to edit, produce, and design content.
- Must be fluent in English or a native speaker.
- Functional knowledge of WordPress or similar platforms.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Get Response, iContact, MailChimp, ExactTarget, etc.
- Innovative ideas and experience working and building campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Paid internship, receiving a monthly stipend
- Experience working at a unique global leadership organization.
- Collaboration within a positive team environment.
- Increased understanding of and alignment with international security issues.
- Career mentoring and professional development.
- Networking with other professionals working on international security issues.
Please send your resume, statement of interest, and 800-1500 word professional writing sample to Roksana Verahrami ([email protected]) with “Gender and Global Security Program Assistant” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note: International applications are welcome, but candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Women In International Security does not facilitate visas for applicants.
WIIS does not discriminate in its activities or operations on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, familial status, source of income, genetic information, place of residence or business, status as a victim of an intrafamily offense, or credit information. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, and affiliates. Individuals of all genders are encouraged to apply.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or with your application.
To see more job opportunities in the peace and security field, access the WIIS Jobs Board.