Access WIIS Global with Individual and Institutional Memberships
Women need opportunities to learn, be inspired, become powerful leaders, and create change from deep within inequitable institutional structures. This is why we created the WIIS Global network—because we envision a future in which all genders are treated equally and women are empowered as leaders to safeguard international peace and security.
Membership with WIIS equips individuals and institutions with a global capacity and reach to combat gender inequality. Becoming a member of WIIS means joining a collaborative, inclusive and gendered approach in navigating our fields most challenging and important matters: Women, Peace & Security, Feminist Foreign Policy, Regional & Collective Security, Conflict & Gender-Based Violence, Women in Defense & Security, Climate Security, Arms Control & Disarmament, Technology & Gender, and Global Health Security
- A global networking community of 15,000 members spanning 50 countries across six continents—all committed to one ambitious goal: closing the gender equality gap worldwide
AND WE ARE:
- Committed to advancing gender equality because we believe it is the key to achieving peace and security
- Dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, community, and world
- Working to help women advance as global peace and security leaders through professional development training, mentorship, events, policy forums, and research
- Focused as a global research community on linking knowledge to actionable solutions to the complex security challenges we face as a global community
AND WE WELCOME all who support gender equality and a diverse, inclusive, and intersectional approach to global peace and security and urge you to join our cause.
“I first learned of WIIS when I was a young naval officer and graduate student at the University of Maryland. Being a part of WIIS has been an important and inspirational part of my professional growth throughout my career.”
– Dr. Karin Warner, Founder & President, WIIS Pitt
WIIS Young Professional | WIIS Professional Plus (+) | WIIS Institutional
Students can join for a discounted price of $35.00/ year. To receive this discount, sign up using this link.
- Access our membership portal to create a profile featuring your publications and accomplishments and to network with other members
- Seek career advancement through the WIIS Job Board, with employment opportunities, fellowships, grants, and more
- Learn from and mingle with fellow leaders at events in Washington, D.C., the U.S., and worldwide
- Elevate your career by publishing op-eds, essays, policy briefs, and articles on the WIIS blog
- Participate in our mentorship program, to learn from seasoned experts to help pave the way for success
- Access exclusive professional development resources
- Explore exclusive discounts offered to WIIS members on events, conferences, books and more
Professional Plus (+) Membership
All the benefits included in the Young Professional membership and:
- Submit panel & speakers ideas for WIIS events
- Gain visibility as an expert by securing media interviews through our Speaker’s Bureau
- Participate in high-level policy discussions as a panelist
- Start a WIIS Chapter or Affiliate
- Support the next generation of leaders by becoming a mentor
*Pricing varies per organization type, structure and size
WIIS Institutions & Partners
WIIS offers institutional memberships and partnerships, globally, to various types of organizations dedicated to advancing women’s leadership and supporting research surrounding gender, peace, and security. These include Universities, Think-tanks, and Non-Profit Organizations.
Institutional membership ensures access to benefits for employees, staff/faculty, and students within a member organization. Institutional members within the United States are established as WIIS Chapters, and internationally, as WIIS Affiliates
WIIS provides our partner organizations’ staff, faculty, and students unlimited access to WIIS memberships, allowing them to join WIIS at no additional cost to the individual.
Establishing institutional membership varies in process, and pricing, per member structure, and size. Please contact WIIS’ Membership Engagement Manager, Ruth Mikre, [email protected] for more information on establishing institutional membership.